Being prepared with useful information for your insurance agent can save you and them a lot time. Here are a somethings to have on hand:
1. Who lives in the home, their ages, marital status, if you own any animals, how many animals and how long you've owned your home.
2. Do you currently have a homeowners insurance policy, if so, who is your current policy with, when does it expire, it is paid in an escrow account or directly by you, have you ever had a claim filed on with your insurance carrier, when and how much was paid out and what are your current coverage amounts.
3. Have you made any home improvements such as replacing the roof, plumbing or electrical and if yes when. Is the home currently under construction, are you finishing the basement?
4. What type of house do you have? What year was it built? Do you have central air, what type of heating do you have? How many square feet is your house and your land, do you live in city limits, is there a fire hydrant close by? How much of the basement is finished, what is the exterior and roof made of? How many garage stalls, how many bathrooms and kitchens, are they builder grade, semi-custom or custom finishes in the bathrooms and kitchen?
5. Do you have any safety devices in the home such as a dead bolt, smoke detectors, security alarm, monitored burglar alarm or fire alarm and are you visible to any neighbors?
It seems like to a lot of questions but the more details you can provide your insurance agent the smoother and easier the process the will be. We want you to have all the proper coverage for your home and your belongings, as well as, the best premium and the most discounts possible.
Hometown Insurance Agency of Utah is licensed in Utah and Idaho! That's right, we now provide insurance coverage for home, auto and other toys in Idaho too! Let us help insure what matters! Let Hometown Insurance Agency of Utah help provide you insurance for your needs!
** Did you know that the State of Idaho has a new law effective January 1, 2020? The State of Idaho will now be running reports on anyone that doesn't have car insurance and you will be fined if you don't provide proof of car insurance! Let us help you find the best deal on your car insurance, whether you live in Preston, Montpelier, Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, Boise, Soda Springs or Poctatello (aka Pocky), Idaho we can insure you!
Food for Thought about Credit Reports:
It seems that society has bred a culture that is so focused on deletions of negative accounts on a credit report.
We are trying to change that.
The reason for this is because not all negative accounts hurt the scores. So if they're not hurting the scores, then they still have POINT VALUE. In that case, we leave it alone.
The Golden Rule here is: all accounts (except public records such as bankruptcies, judgments, and tax liens) have POINT VALUE, but not all accounts have POINT DEDUCTIONS.
Let that sink in folks. If it's not hurting the scores, then it's actually helping the scores. So when a customer comes to me asking about deletions, I tell them to be careful because deleting blindly can:
1) Cause ones' scores to drop
2) Delete a positive account linked to that 'late' or inquiry
3) May get them in trouble if the creditor decides then that the account is fraud (if it legitimately belonged to the customer and the dispute reason stated it didn't belong to them)
4) Delete the account for a short period of time, and then come back on the report
5) Still allow the creditors/collection agencies to contact customer to collect. Just because it's off the report, does not mean the debt is still not owed. If the account is still within the statute of limitations, it is an even bigger risk because having that account deleted causes the customer to think that they are off the hook.
The best way to know if an account has point deductions is to access your credit reports or your customer's credit reports through ScoreNavigator. Point Deduction information IS the missing link that changes EVERYTHING.
If you or your customers are needing to improve credit scores they should go to www.hometowninsr.com and sign up for ScoreNavigator. If they are also needing a credit card or two to help with that missing link of building positive credit and available credit we offer secured credit cards as well. No minimum credit score required and you/they can obtain up to two (2) per person.
We have over 20+ years in the credit industry with an extensive knowledge base of credit! Do you have credit questions? Do you need a copy of your credit report? Do you want to see your credit scores? Do you need to build positive credit? Do you need a credit card or two? Do you want to maximize your credit? We have all of those things for you! Just give us a call at 435-754-7701.
We have always enjoyed helping others especially when they think there is no where to go for help or they think they are not in a place to get help with their credit. There is always room for growth and improvement when it comes to credit! We have helped thousands of consumers maximize their credit over the years. It doesn't matter if you live in Logan, Providence, Hyrum, Wellsville, North Logan, Clarkston, Richmond, Lewiston, Benson, Avon, Millville, Nibley, Smithfield, Hyde Park, Cove, Paradise, Mendon, Tremonton, Garland, Honeyville, Brigham City, Ogden, Layton, Farmington, Kaysville, Farwest, Bountiful, Salt Lake City, West Jordan, South Jordan, Sandy, Lehi, Provo, Spanish Fork, Park City, Heber, Nephi, Cedar City or St. George, Utah or Idaho ---- We can help!
Hometown Insurance Agency of Utah is located in downtown Logan, Utah (Cache Valley) and prides itself in helping others, not only save money on their home, auto other types of insurance but to also make sure you are properly covered and that you have answers to your questions. We want to make sure that our clients are our friends and friends become family! We care about you as much as we care about our family! We want to make sure you are protected should something happen and that you understand your insurance policies and what they include. Hometown Insurance Agency of Utah is licensed in Utah and Idaho! That's right, we are now licensed in Idaho too!
We care about you and we care about our community. We are members of the Cache Chamber of Commerce and the Women's Council of Realtors Cache Valley, we volunteer as Ambassadors for the Cache Chamber Commerce, The Center for Entrepreneurship and the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business/Utah State University, we sponsor many community events (Nibley, Richmond, Smithfield, Hyrum) where we have free games and prizes, we hand out candy in local parades in Nibley, Utah and Hyrum, Utah. We love being part of our Cache Valley Community!
Take a minute, give us a call and we will shop all our providers for you and at the very least you will have a second opinion to consider.
If you have insurance questions, need a review of your current insurance policies or would like a free insurance quote, please contact us at 435-754-7701! We are your hometown raised, hometown trusted, hometown insurance agency. We are Hometown Insurance Agency of Utah.
180 North Main Ste C
Logan, UT 84321
Email: jill [at] hometowninsr [dot] com