With winter still here and not going anywhere anytime soon! It's important to make sure you are prepared whether it be a trip to the store, to work or a vacation. If you you are driving, the following tips can make your trip (short or long) a little easier:
1. Make sure your tires are properly inflated, you have good tire tread and check your oil.
2. Make sure you have an emergency kit with you: flares and/or flashlight, jumper cables, bottled water, a blanket, snacks, gloves, hat, a small shovel, sand, salt or even a bag of kitty litter, an ice scraper and an extra charging cord for your cell phone.
3. Make sure you have a full tank of gas.
4. Check your local weather, as well as, the weather for towns you'll be driving through ahead of time to track any possible storms along the way.
5. Update a trusted family member or close friend of your whereabouts and the time you'll be leaving and arriving in case of bad weather.
6. If you traveling in bad weather, please remember to slow down, give yourself plenty of room between you and the vehicle in front of you, don't follow snow plows too close, wear your seatbelt and don't be a distracted driver.
Safe travels to you and your family!
If you would like a free insurance review of your current policies or a free insurance quote please call us at 435-754-7701. We are your hometown raised, hometown trusted, hometown quality insurance agency. Call Hometown Insurance for all your insurance needs.
180 North Main Ste C
Logan, UT 84321
Email: jill [at] hometowninsr [dot] com