Most all insurance companies do a inspection of the outside of the house and surrounding property to determine the condition and verify rating factors after you obtain a homeowners insurance policy. Most customers do not know this is a common practice and are usually surprised when they find a strange person at the door to inspect the property. To help ensure the best possible experience, we want to share with you what to expect:
1. The inspection is generally completed within the first 30 to 45 days of the policy period.
2. An appointment is NOT made in advance of the inspection.
3. The inspector will knock or ring the doorbell to announce the visit. The inspector will proceed if the insured is not home.
4. Inspectors will comply with all trespassing laws in the event an insured is not home. The inspector will not enter a locked backyard but will attempt to complete as much of the inspection as he or she can.
5. The inspection is exterior* only. It involves taking photographs and measurements of the property.
6. Inspectors are contracted through a third-party vendor and carry identification but do not wear uniforms. They have the policy number and your agency's name to reference with the policyholder.
Should you have any questions about the home inspection process, please contact our office at 435-754-7701.
* Homes valued over $800,000 require an interior inspection, which requires scheduling an appointment with the homeowner. The inspector will take measurements and photos of both the interior and exterior of the home.
Insurance companies are making this a common practice in all cities and states....even farm country life Cache Valley, Utah!
Hometown Insurance Agency of Utah is located in downtown Logan, Utah (Cache Valley) and prides itself in helping others, not only save money on their home, auto other types of insurance but to also make sure you are properly covered and that you have answers to your questions. We want to make sure that our clients are our friends and friends become family! We care about you as much as we care about our family! We want to make sure you are protected should something happen and that you understand your insurance policies and what they include. Hometown Insurance Agency of Utah is licensed in Utah and Idaho! That's right, we are now licensed in Idaho too!
We care about you and we care about our community. We are members of the Cache Chamber of Commerce and the Women's Council of Realtors Cache Valley, we volunteer as Ambassadors for the Cache Chamber Commerce, The Center for Entrepreneurship and the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business/Utah State University, we sponsor many community events (Nibley, Richmond, Smithfield, Hyrum) where we have free games and prizes, we hand out candy in local parades in Nibley, Utah and Hyrum, Utah. We love being part of our Cache Valley Community!
Take a minute, give us a call and we will shop all our providers for you and at the very least you will have a second opinion to consider.
If you have insurance questions, need a review of your current insurance policies or would like a free insurance quote, please contact us at 435-754-7701! We are your hometown raised, hometown trusted, hometown insurance agency. We are Hometown Insurance Agency of Utah.
180 North Main Ste C
Logan, UT 84321
Email: jill [at] hometowninsr [dot] com
** not liable for any misinterpretation of coverage or law