Spring Cleaning - It's Always a Must at My House
Spring cleaning is kind of like a love-hate relationship for me, I hate doing it because it takes a lot of time and is hard work but man, I love it when it's all done! What's on your yearly spring-cleaning list?
I have two lists, one for indoor and one outdoor.
For the indoors it involves:
- Shampoo Carpets
- Deep Clean Light Fixtures
- Deep Clan Dryer and Dryer Vent Hoses (see a previous blog about this)
- Wash Window Blinds, Window Tracks, Window Seals and Coverings
- Wash Windows (inside and out)
- Wash Window Screens
- Wash Baseboards, Doors and Trim
- Wash all Rugs
- Wash Walls
- Wash under and around all Kitchen appliances
- Wash Garbage Cans (Inside and Out)
- Wash Clothes Baskets
- Empty all Kitchen Cupboard and Drawers, Deep Clean (donate and/or Discard things you don't use)
- Vacuum Mattresses, Chairs and Couches (both sides of cushions)
- Move Furniture and Vacuum Underneath, especially really well under beds
- Seal up Cracks around Windows and Doors
- Remove Everything in the Pantry, Discard Expired Items, Wipe Down Shelves and Re-Organize
- Clean all wood furniture with a good wood cleaner (Including Picture Frames, Cupboards, etc.)
- Deep Clean the Litterbox with Bleach (Inside and Out)
- Deep Clean your Mirrors around the house
- Clean-out Closets and Dressers, wipe down shelves and drawers (Donate gently used clothes and/or Discard)
- Clean-out the Medicine Cabinet (Always Discard Where Allowed by Law)
- Run the Dishwasher on Empty with Dishwasher Detergent and about 2 cups of White Distilled Vinegar (removes hardwater stains and shines up the inside of the dishwasher)
- Cleanout the “Cleanout” in the bottom of the Dishwasher (Check your Owner’s Manual)
- Cleanout Desk Drawers and your Kitchen Catch-All Drawer (we all have one, even me)
- Throw away all kid’s school work/projects that they don’t need/want (that’s usually an entire garbage right there)
- Do a really good, deep down dusting throughout the house (lamp shades, etc.)
For the outdoors it involves:
- Clean out the veggie garden
- Clean out the flower beds, cut back flowers
- Dethatch the Lawn
- Aerate the Lawn
- Mow the Lawn and Edge
- Get the Hoses Hooked up
- Turn on the Sprinklers and check for any that need to be replaced or adjusted
- Clean out the Garage
- Detail the Cars (inside and out)
- Get the patio furniture setup and wiped down
- Wash the garage and front porch rugs
- Sweep the garage, front porch, back porch and sidewalks
- Wash down the driveway from all the road salt (we have a lot of salt on our driveway/garage floor each winter from the roads here in Utah)
- Spray for bugs (you know those creepy crawlies are coming out really soon)
I may have missed a few things but at least this gives you a starting point. Happy Cleaning!
Hometown Insurance Agency of Utah located in Logan, Utah (Cache Valley) prides itself in helping others, not only save money on their home, auto, and other types of insurance but to also make sure you are properly covered and that you have answers to your questions. We want to make sure that our clients are our friends and friends become family! We want to make sure you are protected should something happen and that you understand your insurance policies and what they include. Hometown Insurance Agency of Utah is about insuring what matters! And if needed, we can make a house call. We have clients with small children and elderly clients that feel better about meeting in person at their home and if that what it takes to help them out, then that's what we'll do. We've traveled from Preston, Idaho to Layton, Utah to make a house call when needed, some we've even delivered homemade cookies to! Like we said, our clients become our family and that's what makes Hometown Insurance Agency of Utah special!
We care about you and we care about our community. We are members of the Cache Chamber of Commerce and we volunteer as Ambassadors for the Cache Chamber Commerce, The Center for Entrepreneurship and the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business/Utah State University, we sponsor many community events (Nibley, Richmond, Smithfield, Hyrum) where we have free games and prizes, we hand out candy in local parades in Nibley, Utah and Hyrum, Utah. We love being part of our Cache Valley Community!
Take a minute, give us a call and we will shop all our providers for you and at the very least you will have a second opinion to consider.
If you have insurance questions, need a review of your current insurance policies or would like a free insurance quote, please contact us at 435-754-7701! We are your hometown raised, hometown trusted, hometown insurance agency. We are Hometown Insurance Agency of Utah.
180 North Main Ste C
Logan, UT 84321
Email: jill [at] hometowninsr [dot] com